In this short tutorial, you’ll learn how to save a Pivot Table and Chart as a template for later use and how to update this template with new information using the “Refresh” feature within the PivotTable menu.
- If for example, you have created a great PivotTable and Chart that truly reflects the data relationships that you want topresent to management and you will like use the same template but with completely different raw data. You can create a template out of the current PivotTable and Chart and in essence create a shell that can absorb the new data but present it in the same way as the current PivotTable and chart. So first, open the file with the current PivotTable and Chart and go to File>Save As. Next, in “Save as type” go down to Template (*.xlt) and select it. Give it another name, for example, it would be good to include the term “template” in the actual name to help you find it faster in the future.
- Next, open the workbook containing the new raw data. Select the range with the new data and copy all the data. Then, open the template file, go to the spreadsheet where the original raw data is stored and paste the new data in exactly the same range location. Then click on the PivotTable spreadsheet and click on the “Refresh Data” button and all the data will be refreshed. The row and column headings will remain the same as these were constant and the only thing that will change is the raw data. The PivotTable chart will also be automatically refreshed with all the new data. Finally, you can save this file under a different name.
If, however, you were assigned to a new task where you need something more than just copy-pasting new information to the existing template, we advise you to turn to the college paper writing service for help. Below, you can find out how to use this service for your Microsoft Excel homework:
- Sign up for a free account on the website. To do that, enter your current email address and invent a password. After that, click on the link that was sent to your email and verify your registration;
- Fill out the order form. To do that, click on the respective button on the screen and enter the assignment details, including the Excel pivot table template that you created and the paper deadline. If you have any additional requirements for your assignment, be sure to add them or upload the instructions' file;
- Wait for the writer to arrive. Once your order is placed, the company's Support Team will assign the writer to your order. They will select the one who matches your needs the best, so you should not worry about the final paper quality;
- Communicate with the writer. At this stage, the writer may not ask any questions but you may have some. Therefore, you should not be afraid to ask anything related to your assignment or the writer's work, e.g. whether they have done any Microsoft Excel projects for college students earlier, how much time is needed for the table to be finished, etc. The writer will gladly answer all your questions;
- Get your order to your email. Once the writer finishes the table, they will upload it to your order page. You will get the copy to your email and have a chance to check it right away;
- Pay your writer. If you like the work done for you, do not hesitate to reward your writer.
Great! Now you can appreciate the true value of PivotTables and not fear them any longer.